Since its foundation in 1992, ACC has been committed to ‘the encouragement, training and resourcing of pastoral carers’. This commitment has been evident in the emergence of Pastoral Care UK (PCUK) which is now a distinct stream in ACC for pastoral carers. It was launched to its membership in January 2013 with a clear mission and vision.
To be a Christian resource for individuals, churches and organisations which enables the missional purpose, potential and practice of pastoral care to be developed.
To see God’s love, expressed in quality relationships and through pastoral care, restoring individual lives, building healing communities and growing disciples of Jesus.
download PDF mission and vision
pastoral care might include:
- practically helping
pastoral care might involve:
- sustaining others through prolonged difficulty or immediate need
- enabling the journey of healing and wholeness
- considering the process of reconciliation with God, self and others
- offering guidance about other resources and enabling different perspectives
- celebrating life with one another
pastoral care might be offered:
- formally by a pastoral care team or network or by church leadership
- informally in everyday relationships
- by individuals
- by small groups
- through a particular ministry
- through an outreach project
- by one church or a group of churches
- in the church setting
- in other settings